Sunday, February 26, 2012

What are your thoughts on Eddie Bravo's No gi Martial Arts Grappling system and 10th Planet over in San Fran

Eddie has written books and has his own Brazilian Jujitsu school over in Hollywood called 10th Planet. He also has one of his top students heading an alternate 10th Planet school in the San Fransisco area. I would love to hear comments and thoughts on Eddies books and his No-Gi grappling system. I would love to hear from Bjj Black belts who have read his books. Any comments that denounce him or his system would be especially interesting to me though I am highly interested to the point where I'm ready to move out to San Fran and stay with my Brother. Also any reviews of 10th Planet San Fran would be great thanks in advance fot the time.What are your thoughts on Eddie Bravo's No gi Martial Arts Grappling system and 10th Planet over in San Fran
If you want to learn the rubber guard I would say go with 10th planent. The future of BJJ in MMA is going to be heavy use of the RG. If you doubt it take a look at Dustin Hazelet and Shinya Aoki. These guys epitomize the effective use of RG and they prove that it can be supremely effective in MMA. If you don't care about the RG then I'm sure you could find alternative schools that teach no-gi grappling. The only thing I dislike about eddie is his crappy names for techniques like mission control and crack-head control.What are your thoughts on Eddie Bravo's No gi Martial Arts Grappling system and 10th Planet over in San Fran
Its Blancia System Grappling but there is a academy Canada.What are your thoughts on Eddie Bravo's No gi Martial Arts Grappling system and 10th Planet over in San Fran
I'm not a BJJ black belt, but I have read some of his stuff and watched a lot of MMA fighters use things like rubber guard and its variants. While Eddie undoubtedly is a talented grappler (or was), the fact of the matter is that he hasn't trained any phenomenal grapplers who dominate BJJ competitions, which calls the efficiency of his ideas into question. While fighters like Nick Diaz and Shinya Aoki have used rubber guard to great success in MMA, it's really unclear as to whether it's because of the strength of the position or their own grappling skill. Plus, mission control puts a lot of stress on your knee. Also, that guy loves marijuana way too much. His long rants were easily the worst parts of the book.



Regardless, I still do hear good things about 10th Planet, and I would definitely suggest attending a class or two to see how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment